This section is an area for miscellaneous articles. It includes fan reviews of concerts, anecdotes about the band and whatever
else doesn't fit anyplace else.
- Scot McPhie asked Chris Gilbey, producer of Of Skins and Heart and the man who originally signed The Church, for some recollections of his time with the band.
- Gary Assa created a page about following the Church on tour in 1988.
- Doug Berry, organizer of the fan network helping to promote Hologram of Baal, bought a guitar from Marty and a bass from Steve. He has kindly sent pictures of the bass, the guitar and the two resting together.
- Craig Wood had a phone call from Steve Kilbey and posted a summary of what was said to the Seance mailing list.
- I'd like to get photographs of all the places in the world that are mentioned in Church songs. Can you help, or find some I've missed ?
- Robert Lurie tells the story of how his grandfather's best friend saved Steve Kilbey's life !
- Pat Day Cobb dug through the archives and found a newsletter sent out to fans during the 1984 US tour.
- Jim Booth met the band in an interesting way...
- An email correspondent tells me they've known Steve quite well in the past and will gradually send me some stories about him. Don't worry - nothing bad in here :-)
- Sample autographs have been scanned and made available to you. Why ? Because Kelly Brown asked me to !
- Dreams about The Church are quite common, and seem to share a few common threads, as this page shows.
- My Dad taught Steve everything he knows. At least that what Steve claimed when I first met him.
- 3 Letters that members of the Church e-mail list ("Seance") have received from Steve Kilbey.
- Another Letter was received by Paul Webb.
- Yet Another One was received by Karl Reinsch. Steve reveals what the whispering in The Golden Dawn. Karl has scanned a self-portrait and the original letter.
- Song Parodies: I wrote some of these - hope you like them !
- English concerts N.J Andrew, Our Man In The UK, relates a couple of incidents
- San Juan Capistrano Thomas Irvin tells a few tales revealing the band's ability to deliver one-liners.
- San Francisco & Palo Alto Morten Skjefte and Matthew Green tell an intimate tale
- Soho NY 1992 Adam sees JD at Steve's concert and generally enjoys himself.
- Melbourne 1995: Brian Smith goes overboard with detail about this fine performance. There's something in here for everyone. The photographs of this concert are also here for your viewing pleasure.
- Brisbane, Grand Orbit The second performance went off better.
- Return to Melbourne 95 Steve recovers for the return trip to Melbourne and publically comments on Shadow Cabinet.
- Many Church and solo vinyl releases have messages written on the inner/run-out groove. Here's a list of those we've found so far.
- He said WHAT ?! Have you ever misheard the lyrics of a song ? Why am I asking; of course you have ! You're not alone in your cloth-eared state and here's some examples from members of Seance, the Church mailing list.
- Brian's obviously got *too much* time on his hands and has produced this fine Sim City 2000 map which spells the name of a certain well-known group. If you want to e-mail me and tell me to get a life, don't bother. Everyone else has already said it and it didn't work :)
- If you need more proof of how far I'll go to put a Church spin on something, check out these anagrams. There's some funny stuff in here, plus links to the WWW pages that generated them for me.
Return to Shadow Cabinet Home Page